NMR Spectrometer: 500-MHz WB Bruker (Imaging) - (Bastiat)
- Wide-bore (WB) magnet with 500 MHz 1H frequency
- Microscopic imaging (μ-MRI or micro-magnetic resonance imaging)
- Spatially localized and time-resolved spectroscopy, e.g., magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)
- Mass transport (flow and diffusion) measurements
- Unique in vivo accessories:
- Microscopy flow cells for tissues and biofilms
- Metabolomics (chemostat) bioreactor
Highlighted Research Applications
EMSL's Bruker 500-MHz WB spectrometer is uniquely tailored for in vivo studies:
- Microbial biofilms relevant to human health and environmental processes
- Animal and plant tissue samples
- Microbial suspensions relevant to biofuels and other bioproducts
- Small animals via non-invasive μ-MRI and MRS.
Researchers may operate the system independently and can be trained to manage fully self-directed operations. Collaborative work with staff scientists is encouraged.
System Configuration and Capabilities
- Actively shielded, vibration-damped wide-bore magnet
- Latest-generation Bruker Avance III model digital spectrometer running ParaVision 5.1 and TopSpin 3.0 application software provides
- Non-uniform sampling (NUS) capability
- Two independent radio frequency receivers for simultaneous detection of different nuclei.
- Bruker Mini 0.5 actively-shielded gradient probe with 30 Gauss-per-centimeter triaxial gradients
- Small animal (mouse) handling system
- 25-mm and 38-mm inside-diameter (ID) 1H NMR resonators.
- Bruker Micro 2.5 micro-imaging probe with 150 Gauss-per-centimeter triaxial gradients
- 5-,10- and 25-mm ID 1H NMR resonators
- 25-mm ID 1H NMR quadrature resonator with quadrature-detection accessory
- 15-mm 1H/13C resonator
- EMSL-built 1H/13C/31P NMR triple-resonance resonator (Available in 2012)
- EMSL-built flow system for live tissues and biofilms
- Flow cell contains an optical window for optical microscopy
- EMSL-built chemostat bioreactor with commercial bioreactor controller for dynamic metabolism and metabolic flux analysis (MFA) studies of microbial suspensions.
- Bruker 10-mm quadruple (QNP) probe for high-resolution 1H, 19F, 31P, and 13C studies
- Permits 1H-decoupled 19F studies.
All Related Publications Related Publications
- Experimental study of crossover from capillary to viscous fingering for supercritical CO2 - water displacement in a homogeneous pore network.
- Novel monosaccharide fermentation products in Caldicellulosiruptor saccharolyticus identified using NMR spectroscopy.
- COMPARATIVE COMPUTATIONAL MODELING OF AIRFLOWS AND VAPOR DOSIMETY IN THE RESPIRATORY TRACTS OF RAT, MONKEY, AND HUMAN.
- Correlation of Oil-Water and Air-Water Contact Angles of Diverse Silanized Surfaces and Relationship to Fluid Interfacial Tensions.
- Identifying Low pH Active and Lactate-Utilizing Taxa within Oral Microbiome Communities from Healthy Children Using Stable Isotope Probing Techniques.
Related Research Highlights
- Biofilms move electrons long distances across two distinct layers, even under starving conditions (Long distance)
- Extracellular polymeric substances stop migration of subsurface contaminants (Microbes that Immobilize)
Renslow, Ryan | Ryan.Renslow@pnnl.gov, 509-371-6567