EMSL’s ion chromatography capability includes an ICS-3000 chromatography system and allows for a fully automated separation and analysis of anions, organic acids, inorganic cations, ammonium, amines, and metals.
- By using various detectors to identify a sample’s composition, ion chromatography supports the Terrestrial-Atmosphere Processes Integrated Research Platform in its mission to quantify nutrient exchange between ecosystems.
- Ion chromatography supports the Biogeochemical Transformations Integrated Research Platform by providing key information on contaminants and chemical compounds that aids EMSL research in developing and improving predictive Earth systems models.
- By providing ultra-precise observations of the composition of plant samples, ion chromatography supports the Rhizosphere Function Integrated Research Platform by identifying specific compound characteristics that regulate plant growth and sustainability.
- Thermo Dionex ICS-3000 modular chromatography systems that include a quaternary gradient pump, autosampler, thermostated column compartments, online eluent generators, and a conductivity detector.
Tips for success
- EMSL houses the necessary support items for sample preparation for these instruments, including auto pipettes, a micro balance, nanopure water, and numerous calibration standards.
- All work using these instruments must be performed in compliance with EMSL practices and permits and individuals must have the necessary training.