EMSL’s Plant Ecosystems Laboratory houses two portable Li-COR instruments and four handheld fluorometers. The Li-COR device couples measurements of leaf gas exchange and chlorophyll A florescence. These integrated measurements provide a more complete assessment of photosynthesis. Data obtained from the Li-COR and fluorometers help assess plant water use efficiency and modeling and simulation plant productivity under adverse environmental conditions.
- Supporting the Rhizosphere Function Integrated Research Platform, Li-COR facilitates plant-system-scale studies that probe complex interactions between plants and the environment, helping us grow targeted crops or engineer plants with desirable attributes such as drought tolerance or disease resistance
- Supporting the Cell Signaling and Communications Integrated Research Platform, Li-COR enables studies into cell-level communication in plant systems. Probing such interactions provides a critical understanding of biological system behaviors and responses to environmental changes.
- Supporting the Biomolecular Pathways Integrated Research Platform, Li-COR aids research into the functional components of plant systems. Furthering scientific understanding of cellular communication can help us improve resource use and create a more resilient environment.
- Li-COR 6800
- MultispeQ V 2.0
- MultispeQ V 1.0
Tips for success
- Researchers trained in operating the Li-COR instrument are welcome to operate this device while on-site. Reach out to your EMSL science point of contact if you have specific questions regarding the on-site use of the instruments.
- When making inquiries to use these devices, provide details on your experimental design such as plant species, number of replicates, duration of instrument use, and assistance needed from EMSL staff.